Another book picked up in an airport book shop and another good read. It's one of those books that you just want to keep reading until the end and I finished it over a flight to Edinburgh and back and waiting in the airport lounge.
A woman walks into a police station and says that she has been missing for eight years. She has no ID, just a piece of paper with a man's name (David Raker) on it. She says she is his wife. But she can't be, as David's wife died of cancer eight years ago.
But she knows all about him and their history together. She claims David has had a breakdown and part of this is a belief that she has died.
But who is delusional? Is David going mad? Did he really imagine his wife had died? And then when this woman goes missing he finds himself in a spiral of suspicion and intrigue.
This is a real thriller and just when you think you have worked things out the author throws another curveball at you. The twist at the end is a total surprise (and so maybe just a little unbelievable).
This book ends with an unanswered question that made me wonder if there was to be a sequel. Then I found out that this is in fact the ninth book of a series about the same main character. I wonder if I had read the others if I might have been less drawn into the plot or if I would have been looking for clues from previous novels?
Maybe I should now go and add the previous eight books to my "want to read" list!!
No comments:
Post a Comment