Sunday, 20 January 2019

BLANKET 2

I finished a second blanket this month! I'm not sure that I will continue at this rate for the whole year as I am at the moment choosing all those "just about finished" projects, rather than those that have a long way to go.

There are a few crochet blanket designers who I love to follow and whose patterns I find well written and easy to use.

One of these is Lucy from Attic 24 (https://attic24.typepad.com/weblog/). Her blanket designs are colourful and reflective of the beautiful Yorkshire Dales where she lives (Lucky girl!). Also, and this is most important for those of you who might want to make this blanket, is that the pattern repeats every two rows, so once you have mastered it (and that takes no time at all) you can watch TV or just zone out and crochet at the same time. Lucy also has lots of photo tutorials on her blog and so you can see exactly what you are supposed to be doing.

The blanket I have just finished is the Hydrangea Stripe Blanket and I absolutely love the gorgeous colours. So reminiscent of hydrangeas in the Summer in full bloom and a hint of brighter things to come in the next few seasons of the year. (https://attic24.typepad.com/weblog/hydrangea-stripe-blanket.html).

I am a bit ashamed to admit that this blanket has been languishing in my pile of unfinished objects since I started it in April 2017. I have no idea why or what distracted me, but once I had decided to complete it, there was no going back.

The finished item is soft and cosy and perfect for the Winter chill ahead. Great to snuggle up under on the sofa with a good movie and a hot chocolate.



No comments:

Post a Comment