Thursday, 3 January 2019

READING RESOLUTION 2019

I used to read a lot - an awful lot. Book after book...mostly when I was waiting in the car to pick my children up after football practice, netball practice, hockey practice, gymnastics, dancing, school, the supermarket.

No! That last one is wrong, just wishful thinking. I never sent them to do the shopping for me.

But as they have grown up and gone to University I have barely read at all. Where has all my time gone? Surely I must have the same amount of time. Maybe if I sat in the car by myself I would read more? Maybe not, there's something a little sad (if not downright odd) about sitting in a car reading for hours on end without a reason to be parked wherever it is.

So last year I set myself a personal reading challenge of 26 books (two a month. What can be so difficult about that?) and I failed miserably, managing only 8.

So this year I am setting a harder challenge of 52 - yes, one a week and I'm determined to do it this year.

I have no rules about what I am going to read - fiction, non-fiction, bestseller or classic. I am going to take my inspiration from book club reviews, what my friends and family are reading or recommending, gifts, the library, Kindle free books, whatever happens to fall into my lap.

I will post a review on this blog - good and bad - and I will read to the bitter end of each book I choose (even if I'm not enjoying it).

So, please come along and read with me!

No comments:

Post a Comment